Tuesday 17 January 2017

The Black Dog, Tunbridge Wells, Kent

In need of a caffeine hit while shopping in Tunny Wells the other week, I happened upon this little gem. Apparently it's been open since 2010 so I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but here I am at The Black Dog, 'an Aussie-style cafe'.
Plus coffee art, no less
I'm recommending it already, after one visit, on the basis that I was served great coffee. Simple. There are so many cafes that try to serve a good cup of coffee, and fail, that I felt this one needed shouting about. My flat white was strong but not bitter, hot but not so it removed the roof of my mouth and had just the right amount of milky froth on top. Oh, and add to this the tastiest little blueberry madeleine I've ever had the pleasure of popping in my mouth and you'll understand my delight.
They are also open for breakfast, lunch and dinner so I have plenty of excuses to return, if only to try the blueberry and mascarpone hotcakes, with warm ricotta and manuka honey – OMG!

Price point: cheap as chips – still OK – getting pricier – pricey – super fancy, but worth it!
blackdogcafetw.co.uk — @Blackdogcafe

No comments:

Post a Comment