Friday 20 January 2017

Harbour Green House, Fore Street, Polperro, Cornwall

Forget the usual cream tea. Think cheese. I like cheese. No, that's a huge understatement, I love cheese. We've had a special relationship for some time now. This is why I also love the Harbour Green House in Polperro. Let me explain.
For less than a tenner, you can enjoy a cheese board like no other. No paltry shavings of the good stuff here, I'd describe them more as slabs. Slabs of glorious, local Cornish cheddar, brie and smoked cheese, served with an entire plate of crackers, extra butter, salad and grapes!
Washed down with a pint of crisp, chilled, Cornish cider this was one of the best fromage feasts I've had in a while. I have to own up and say that it was actually quite hard to finish. Their clam chowder – also pictured – wasn't bad either.
Plus, if it's sunny, they have a great little dog-friendly terrace where you can watch the world go by. Polperro is always a buzzy, busy place in high season so the Habour Green House offers an escape from the crowds and a great viewpoint for people watching. 

Price point: cheap as chips – still OK – getting pricier – pricey – super fancy, but worth it!
https://www.facebook.com/Harbour-Green-House-135666156534061/?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment