Tuesday 17 January 2017

Crab Shack, Worthing, West Sussex

I almost don't want to tell you about this place – I love it. Right on the seafront, a stone's throw from the town centre, the Crab Shack has been serving up locally caught seafood since summer 2015 (around the time I moved to Worthing).
Quick bites to die for include cockle popcorn and crispy squid while you wait with a glass of chilled Muscadet. Both lightly battered with a hint of spiced paprika, they're so moreish. These are always a feature along with fishcakes, dressed crab and the heart-warming Sussex smokie – a bowl of smoked haddock, creamy deliciousness, served with a warm ciabatta. I'm drooling just writing this.
Mmm, crispy squid
The rest of the menu is seasonal so every visit offers up new delights to sample. So far I've worked my way through moules mariniere, Sicilian fish stew, fillet of plaice with capers and garlic butter and a delicious clam dish I can't remember the name of – but not all at once.
Outside on the terrace with heaters and blankets a-go-go or inside in its wood-clad dining area, the Crab Shack feels welcoming and cosy on a chilly day. In the summer, you can't beat a cold beer on the deck with an ice-cream chaser – did I mention the on-site ice-cream hut?

Price point: cheap as chips – still OK – getting pricier – pricey – super fancy, but worth it!
crabshackworthing.co.uk — @CrabShack10

No comments:

Post a Comment